Click the Sales button on Admin Main Menu to access the Sales listing.
The sales listing contains a tabulated list of all the invoices that you have thus far created. Above and below the listing, there is a toolbar that provides:
Search: Enter some text to search for in the input box and press the filter button. You can then cancel the filter by pressing the cancel filter button
Filter by date: Enter a start date and an end date and press the calendar button
Print: Send the current list to your printer
Download: Download the entire list (all pages) as a CSV (comma-separated-values) file that will then open in any of the popular spreadsheet programs
Add new: Download the entire list (all pages) as a CSV (comma-separated-values) file that will then open in any of the popular spreadsheet programs
If you have a lot of invoices, then the listing will be paged. You can view another page by clicking the dropdown pager at the top right. By default, the listing will appear in reverse order that you entered the items. I.e. The last invoice you created, will be at the top of the initial page and the oldest invoice will be at the bottom of the last page.
At the top of the actual list, you will find a row that displays the totals. Note that this total is for all the the sales, not just the ones displaying on the visible page.
The first three columns of the listing contain various icons:
Open a PDF view of the invoice
Open the emailer window to email the invoice or view the send history
Clone the invoice – create a copy of the invoice and it’s consituent products and services
The last two columns contain the standard edit and delete icons to edit or delete the individual invoices.
If an invoice comprises a single product or service then the description of that item will be visible in the description column. However, if the invoices comprises two or more items then there will a link “Details…”. You can click this link to expand and display the consituent items.
Editing or Creating an Sales Item
To edit and invoice click the edit icon next to it. To create a new invoice, click the new icon in the toolbar above the listing.
At the top of the edit form there are several icons:
Opens the PDF view of the invoice
Opens a window for you to add money in
Clone the invoice
Return to the Sales listing
Add a new invoice
The Invoice form is divided into three parts:
- The top of the form is where you put the basic details of the invoice, such as date, reference and customer
- The middle part is the item details sub-form. This is where you add and edit the details of the products and services that make up the invoice – including putting in the prices
- The last part is the listing of the products that make up the invoice. You can click the edit icon next to any of these to re-edit them or the delete icon , to remove them. The invoice total is display beneath here.
Fields in the form
- Date – Defaults to current day – edit as required
- Reference – Your Invoice Number – edit or overwrite
- Customer Ref – The customer order number, if applicable
- Customer – Select from your list of Customers. This list will be shown alphabetically. Clicking Add New will enable you to add a customer to the database from this screen. You can also add customers in Manage where you can set up all customers
- Add Products and Services – Select a description you would like the invoices to be summarised under.
- Description – Enter details that you would like to see on the invoice
- Total, Net, VAT, Gross – firstly select the appropriate VAT Rate from drop down and enter net amount the gross amount will be calculated
- Save Changes
Next to the Reference field there is a “suggest one” link. If your invoice reference are numeric, then this feature will simply enter the next one available.
Adding Multiple Products and Services to an Invoice