The process with quotation creation is very similar to that for creating invoices.
To access the quotations module, click the quotations icon on the Admin Main Menu. If you have previously created quotations, you will see them listed here.
Select a quotation to edit by clicking the edit icon next to it, or click New* to create a new one.
The quotations edit-form consists of three parts:
- The basic details of the quotation
- The item subform
- The items listing. I.e. the items that make up the quotation
Start by adding the information at the top of the form:
- Date: Enter the quotation date
- Valid Until: Enter the date that the quotation expires
- Reference: Enter your reference for the quotation
- Customer: Select the customer from the dropdown list
- Covering note: Enter a message to appear above the item breakdown in the quotation
Now add the details of the products and services that make up the quotation. If you are editing an existing quotation then click the “New*” link at the top right of the quotation-details list. The quotation-detail sub form will appear. If you are creating a new quotation, then this form will already be visible.
- Description: Enter a description of the product or service to be added
- Quantity: Enter the quantity
- Unit price: Enter the unit price of the item
When you have entered the above press Submit.
Finally, click the “New*” link at the top right of the quotation-details list to add further items.